Thursday, September 27, 2007

Surfing & Buddha

What do they have in common? Well...not a whole lot! lol Last weekend I went down to Kanagawa prefecture with Kuniko (a friend of the receptionist at my school) to try my hand at surfing. NOT EASY!! Unfortunately, I didn't snap any pics of the beach or while trying...but I got some of the big Buddha statue in Kamakura that we visited afterwards.

This thing was cast in 1252, believe it or not. Now that's OLD!!!! I snapped some other various pics from around the area.
Watching over the crowd.

Close-up.
Close close-up.
Incense burner.
Details.
Me...Zenning out.
Small stone statue with cape.

Sign leading to the big Buddha.

How it appears on Kuniko's GPS Navigation.
Hmmm...I'm not quite sure.

Kamakura monorail.
Elvis sighting??!!
Have a nice day.....Dog Lover!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damon!! it's 10:50 am my time and u just called. it was a weird number so i didn't answer. just got ur message so calllll me again now if u can! i'll be home all day today, don't have school, so call again!!! we love u!
bri

Anonymous said...

omggggg u only let it ring like twice! call me again!

Anonymous said...

heyy did u get my email?