Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bogged Down

It's been snowing pretty steadily over here the past few days...as you can see from this pic I snapped just minutes before posting.The last couple of weeks have been fairly nice with temperate weather and some really beautiful sunny days. I've been going down to the lake recently to photograph some of the wildlife that shows up around here in winter. There are large groups of swans, ducks, hawks and other birds that migrate down here...I guess.




On the work front, things have been going good...nothing out of the ordinary to report on. I can't believe I've been here for over seven months now, time has seemed to fly by. I'm not sure about my future plans come June (when my contract is finished), but it's probably something I should start thinking about now.

I went to a small town two Sundays ago with a friend to take some pictures of Fuji at sunrise. Well, we met up at 6am and headed for Fujimi. The roadside thermometer read -16.6 C so it was slightly cold that day. Unfortunately, there were a lot of thick clouds at the base of Fuji and I wasn't able to get any great shots (to my satisfaction at least). Luckily, on the way home, we ran across a hot-air balloon that was plowing the skies and got some nice shots of that.I hope you enjoy the pics.

Oh, and congratulations to my brother and his girlfriend, who just had a baby last month....welcome Hunter Charles Sattler.

2 comments:

JR said...

Great Photos man! Are you still using the same camera? Glad to see that you are doing well!

JR said...

Yeah I was just reading that too.....CHeck out this site for some photos...

http://www.rjkoehler.com/

The rumor is that some drunk guy started it!