Monday, March 16, 2009

back from my long hiatus

Well.....hello everyone. It's been so long, I'm feeling a bit of stagefright. After some much needed pushing, I am finally back to update this blog. I'm not sure if I was subconciously trying to wait a full year to post something, but I'm back...hopefully with frequent updates for those few of you that actually check this site (you know who you are). lol

Let's see now...where did I leave off...oh yeah!! Since my last post (Father's Day '08), a lot has gone on. I finished up my contract in Okaya City, Japan...accepted a position at a well-known university in Saudi Arabia...went home to process the visa...bought a new lappy (HDX Dragon)...went through two hurricanes...started my M.A. degree...drank a whole hell of a lot of Jim Beam...had a few b-b-q's...had to pass on the uni job because the visa process was taking too long to make the start date...interviewed with a BIG company based in Saudi...got good feedback but no offer...decided that I had better get a job somewhere...took a job back in South Korea...arrived in December for three weeks of work...went to The Philippines for winter vacation...got my PADI Divemaster certification during the two months I spent there...got a new tattoo...arrived back in Korea on March 2nd...back to work...and this brings us up to the present moment. Turns out not that much to write about afterall. Over the next couple of days I will be trying to upload various pictures from the past nine months. I'll give you one just to whet your appetite. Bear with me for the rest.

7 comments:

who u think nigga said...

oh yeah ur back, with full force! hahahahahaha not.

Damon said...

yeah, those updates have been harder to muster than I thought...

Anonymous said...

weak comeback that's for sure! :P

Anonymous said...

hi damon i really like your site

Cynthia said...

Hi Damon, You prob'ly don't remember me. It's been a very long time. I've enjoyed looking at your blog and pictures. You have inspired me to look through the lenses a little more creatively. I currently use a Kodak EasyShare Z712. It's not as fancy as some but it has enough features to keep me busy for a while. My only complaint is that there are those perfect shots that I tend to miss because I'm busy fooling with settings. ARrrghgh!

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy.

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing....
__________________
Melvin
The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment