Friday, November 03, 2006

Vandals!!!

Only a day after posting my "new ride" post, vandals struck at my apartment and I was an unfortunate victim. My precious SUPER CAB was maliciously knocked over sometime between Monday 9pm and Tuesday 10:30am. I was P.O'd to say the least. The thing that got me was how the person who knocked it over, during which time the brake handle was snapped off, picked the bike back up and took the broken handle from the scene. Did they think I just wouldn't notice? I had it fixed yesterday and it cost me a whopping 4000 won ($4.00) so it was virtually painless. When I first saw the bike...I didn't understand what had happened. I thought maybe some xenophobic person had broken it off intentionally.
I then noticed the bits of sand on the end of the throttle, and eureka...figured out someone must have knocked it over. "Elementary my dear Watson."
Apparently this sort of thing happens often here and no one usually steps up to take the blame.

On brighter note...I went for a hike with my boss' husband on Wednesday. I thought it would be a walk in the park but it turned out to be pretty challenging for me...guess I need to start getting back in shape as I thought my heart was about to bust out through my shirt at a couple of steep inclines. Here's a photo from somewhere near the top as we made our way back down. You can see the Fall colors are just starting to show around here and from what I hear, they will be their best around the second week of December.

After the hike, I had lunch with Mr. Yoon (Boss' husband) and one of his friends whom I had meet a week or so ago, Mr. Baek. We had a dish called Chuo-Tang or something like that, and although the taste was quite strong, I found it delicious and gladly emptied my bowl. A few shots of the spread we had.


If you notice, we are all seated on the floor. This is very common here in Korea as many authentic-style restaurants are situated this way. I usually have to stretch out my legs after about 10 minutes or so but Koreans can stay cross-legged for eternity...or so it seems. I'll be back to post some pics of my apartment and eventually a few shots of my sleepy town.

No comments: