Sunday, October 29, 2006

My new Ride

I'm now in my third contract here in Korea and I've made a major move out of the big cities of Suwon and Anyang to a very rural area on the southern coast of the penninsula. Now, when I saw rural, the area of Goseong has about 60,000 residents...which is actually much bigger than the city I grew up in back in Louisiana, Denham Springs. It might not be a fair comparison though, since I think comparing Goseong itself with livingston parish might be a bit more evenly matched.

Regardless, my reason for writing is to show everyone my new ride... oh yeah baby..it's a doosy. Now, those of you who know me, might remember the maroon Ford Mustang GT 5.0 convertible I drove in high school (picture is only for visual purpose as I don't have a photo of my old car handy),


or the 1970 Chevrolet Impala with a 350 V8 and three-speed hydromatic transmission that I currently have. Its all original (except for the paint) with 54,000 miles on the odometer. You should hear it purrrrrrr.

Well, folks...I've got a new ride now. As I didn't want to have to ride a bike around everywhere here, I got myself a little somethin somethin. I know, you're probably wondering "Did he get one of those sweet as custom cars like I saw on Fast and the Furious", or perhaps a crotch rocket like the ones featured on "Biker Boyz". I can feel the tension building up in the air...man o man, you could cut it with a knife. Ladies and Gentlemen...Boys and Girls of all ages... prepare to feast your eyes on the future of personal transportation, ONLY available here in the "Land of the Morning Calm" (a.k.a. South Korea), not only is it stylish and economical, it also pulls in the ladies like you wouldn't believe.... without further adieu.... I G I V E Y O U

S U P E R C A B





Yeah Yeah, I know what you all are thinking, "Man this guy is pimpin'" or "I bet his phone doesn't stop ringin'"... while those are both true, I see my purchase of this used Hyosung Super Cab scooter ($300) as a tool to help bring me closer to my Korean hosts in my ongoing mission of acting as an American cultural ambassador through the English language....................................

Okay, that was lame. I got it because I'm lazy and didn't feel like riding a bike around this relatively small town which has easy access to everywhere by bike within only 5-10 minutes.

Stay tuned as I will be bringing pics of my small town, as well as my school/co-workers/students soon. Same BAT time, same BAT channel.

3 comments:

JR said...

Super Cab!!!!....have you found them yet?

Unknown said...

So how many people can u fit on it?

Damon said...

ha ha...laugh it up boys. Nope, havent found em' but I did get the bike fixed...cost me W4000. How many...well, so far me+2midgets+squirrel or me+hoochie and her two children or me and YOUR MAMAS lol. jk fellas :D