Friday, October 06, 2006

Chuseok = Korean Thanksgiving

Well, today is Chuseok here in Korea and I'm loving it. Why, you might wonder, would an American living in a foreign country be so excited over a local holdiday... NO WORK!! hahaha
Yeah, basically I've had off Tuesday, Wednesday (after calling in sick thanks to binge drinking while Ryan and Jason were down), Thursday, and today. To find out more about Chuseok, jus click it. I haven't really done much this week..although as I mentioned some buddies from Seoul headed down here Tuesday and Wednesday, you can click on their names to check out their blogs. We went to the Dinosaur 2006 Expo site which is just down the street, had a nice dinner, then drank the night away with good ol' Jim Beam and coke...man o man the next morning was rough.

I'm living in a very small town on the southern tip of the Korean penninsula in a place called Goseong. Things here are quite a big change from the year I spent in Anyang and the nine months in Suwon, both big cities and very close to Seoul. Although boring at times, I'm enjoying the clean air, friendly locals, and the huge three-bedroom apartment (pictures will be posted soon).

That's all for today, I'm headin out for some food.

No comments: