Saturday, December 09, 2006

Friday Night Fever

Life is pretty slow here in the countryside of Southern Korea. I was glad when my adult class students suggested that we meet up outside of class for my Friday night class. I volunteered to host the shin-dig and four of my six students showed up. We stopped by the supermarket beforehand and picked up a few items eg. soft drinks, snack food, fruit, cups etc., then it was off to my place. We all had a good time,ate some Korean-style food and fried chicken... and yes, it WAS finger-lickin' good!!

Here are a few pictures from earlier tonight. I've inserted the names into the first pic. The two ladies in the back are also teachers at the Math academy underneath my school. That school is also run by my boss. Jeong Ho works as a physical therapist (thanks for the tips on how to get rid of that pesky eye twitch), and Woo hyun is an explosives engineer...man that job sounds like a blast, ha ha ha.

At first I wasn't sure how I was going to like teaching adult classes again. Although I've done it for many years in the past, the last two spent in Korea were strictly spent with children, and this job was suppossed to be as well. I have to say that it's actually quite nice to have them as they are all wonderful students and I like ending my Tuesdays and Fridays with them.


This is the spread BEFORE:
and AFTER:

I'm going to throw some random shots of the city I live in and other stuff. Things are really a lot different than they are back home. I like the excitement of being in a new country and city, but I also know that I'm missing out on a lot of things back home... like watching little Hannah and Erica grow up. :(

Here are the pics: (blogger given me problems at thr moment)


No comments: