Monday, July 23, 2007

I'mmmmm Baaaack!!

I made it back from my road trip without a hitch. It was a long trip with a lot of driving though, 6 hours there and about 5 1/2 back. It was good to be back in Fukui and the drive over there brought me through some really nice countryside which made it all the more bearable. Here is the happy couple:




I arrived on Saturday at noon and met up with Brad at his place. Later, when Mariko got home from work, we all went over to Hachiban Ramen for lunch. It was nice catching up with Brad and seeing what all has been going on since I visited last August. I told them I would treat them to dinner at a place of their choice as a "Wedding gift" and Mariko decided on a place called Saint Mark in Fukui city. We decided to check out some old friends of mine, The Katsuyama's, before dinner. Mr. Katsuyama sells Japanese swords and I had purchased from him back in 2002-2003 when I had a collection. It was a welcome experience to be back around some awesome swords and to be able to handle them. The one I'm holding here was selling for around $15,000....yikes!!




Dinner was excellent, good choice Mariko, and the bread was all-u-can-eat. I wouldn't mind checking it out again next time I'm in town.



It was a good day.

On Sunday, we met up at the movie theater to watch..........of all movies.............ummmm...........errrr................Ha.....Harry.......Po...Pot.....Potter....ok there I said it. It wasn't bad, wasn't great either. Brad and Mariko showing off their tickets.

Unfortunately, I didn't really take any photos of the drive over or back. There were lots of scenic things but the roads are so small, there's nowhere to stop and photo. I did, however, take some vids on the trip back...not too interesting but damn did the weather changes fast.

















Hope you enjoy...till the next update.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice stuff :) Saw um... the movie u saw tonight ~ I agree with ur assessment. You ever check ur email anymore? Send me ur phone number! LOL